The North American 3Rs Collaborative is recruiting for a talented individual to join our leadership team as Vice-President Elect. We are looking for a professional who is dedicated to the 3Rs, committed to NA3RsC, and willing to lead by example.
The Vice President-Elect will be a member of a team of 6 Officers (i.e., President, Immediate Past President, Vice President, Vice President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer) and 5 to 9 additional Directors. The Vice President-Elect position is elected by the current board members.
- A commitment to the mission & strategic goals of NA3RsC
- A commitment to the development of all 3Rs for animal research
- Ability to exercise sound judgment & give a strong strategic perspective
Vice President-Elect Responsibilities
- 4-year commitment (Vice President-Elect, Vice President, President, & Past President)
- Attend and actively contribute to leadership meetings (held virtually every 3 weeks).
- Provides NA3RsC with additional leadership & direction with an ability to see the bigger picture
- Involved in at least one NA3RsC initiatives
- All the responsibilities of a board member (see below)
Board of Director Responsibilities
- Financial and legal oversight/responsibility of the organization.
- Attend and actively contribute to board meetings (held virtually every 6 weeks) and any additional special meetings
- Advise on the organization's strategy, mission, goals, and major spending decisions
- Actively contribute to the organization's mission and goals such as being directly involved in current initiatives
- Assist in fundraising/resource gathering efforts such as connecting staff to personal contacts or directly advocating for financial institutional support of NA3RsC
- Advocate for NA3RsC within the scientific community & general public
- Scientific 'fit'
- Breadth of knowledge
- Demonstrated commitment to the 3Rs
- Sector/Specialty - We are looking to diversify & broaden our Board of Directors in terms of their expertise/roles
The NA3RsC values diverse skills, experiences, & backgrounds. All individuals have equal opportunity. Applications are especially encouraged from minority ethnic groups who are currently under-represented at senior levels in the research/innovation community.
How to apply
- Complete an official NA3RsC Board of Directors Application Form and submit your CV by December 4, 2020.
- Shortlisted applicants may be asked to interview with current officers by December 15, 2020.
You will be notified of our decision by December 30, 2020.
If you have any questions, contact Alice McVey (firstname.lastname@example.org).