The North American 3Rs Collaborative is recruiting for 2 members to join our Board of Directors beginning in January of 2021. In particular, we are looking for individuals with expertise in mathematical modeling in silico, expertise in reproducibility & experimental design, directors of animal facilities, experienced lab animal technicians or trainers, and early-career researchers in the biomedical research field. We also welcome applications from senior scientists in leading research organizations, pharmaceutical/biotech/chemical/agrochemical industries.
Our Board of Directors is made up of ten to fifteen people consisting of 6 Officers (i.e., President, Immediate Past President, Vice President, Vice President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer) and 5 to 9 additional Directors. Directors are elected by the current board members.
- A commitment to the mission & strategic goals of NA3RsC
- A commitment to the development all 3Rs for animal research
- Ability to exercise sound judgment & give a strong strategic perspective
Board of Director Member Responsibilities
- Financial and legal oversight/responsibility of the organization.
- Attend and actively contribute to board meetings (held virtually every 6 weeks) and any additional special meetings
- Advise on the organization's strategy, mission, goals, and major spending decisions
- Actively contribute to the organization's mission and goals such as being directly involved in current initiatives
- Assist in fundraising/resource gathering efforts such as connecting staff to personal contacts or directly advocating for financial institutional support of NA3RsC
- Advocate for NA3RsC within the scientific community & general public
- Scientific 'fit'
- Breadth of knowledge
- Demonstrated commitment to the 3Rs
- Sector/Specialty - We are looking to diversify & broaden our Board of Directors in terms of their expertise/roles
The NA3RsC values diverse skills, experiences, & backgrounds. All individuals have equal opportunity. Applications are especially encouraged from minority ethnic groups who are currently under-represented at senior levels in the research/innovation community.
Directors serve a term of three years and until the respective successors are elected.
How to apply
- Complete an official NA3RsC Application Form and submit your CV by December 4, 2020.
- Shortlisted applicants may be asked to interview with current officers by December 15, 2020.
You will be notified of our decision by December 30, 2020.