Stimulating knowledge, research, and impactful interactions related to microphysiological systems (MPS) in North America and beyond.
Connecting technology providers, industry, academics, and regulatory stakeholders to increase adoption of MPS technologies.
To increase the interaction with and adoption of MPS technologies, including 3D cell culture assays, spheroids, organoids, tissue-chips, and organs-on-chips.
To include all commercially-available MPS (cell providers, cell culture platform providers, and in vitro CROs) being used in drug discovery and development. Peripheral members, but our focus is primarily on models already translated into use.
Click here to see draft working group scope.
- Support the MPS World Summit
- Representation on the steering committee & scientific committee
- Create, refine, & promote an online hub of MPS developers and technologies
- Facilitate collaboration for MPS-related session proposals and posters at relevant scientific conferences (i.e. SOT, ACT).
Who should join?
Anyone interested in collaborating to facilitate new development and speed adoption of microphysiological systems.
- Technology providers
- Basic researchers
- Drug discovery & development agents
- Internal/regulatory decision-makers
- Animal welfare evaluators
- Other stakeholders
How can I join?
Submit a Working Group Application
- Name and contact information
- Curriculum vitae, biography, or company descriptor
- Statement of interest detailing why you would like to join
- Cost: $1000/institution/year (beginning April 15, 2020) to participate in one of both working groups.
If you would like to participate but the membership dues cause financial hardship, please contact us.
- $1000/institution/year (beginning April 1, 2020) to participate in one or both working groups.
- End-users: ~1 hour per month attendance at teleconferences. (The frequency/duration of meetings will be revisited once membership is established.)
- Technology providers: ~1 hour per quarter attendance at teleconference. (The frequency/duration of meetings will be revisited once membership is established.)
- 4-10 hours of work annually outside of meetings (e.g., creating/reviewing deliverables)
Working Group Leadership Contact Information
Ben Cappiello (603) 965-6191 ben.cappiello “at” axosim.com
John Lohman (833) 646 3827 j.lowman “at” mimetas.com